Rubber flooring offers many outstanding benefits. It can be used in many different areas in both residential and commercial properties. The selection of rubber flooring, mats and tiles is extensive, giving everyone a chance to find the most suitable rubber products for their upgrades, maintenance, or remodelling projects.
If you are unfamiliar with rubber products and rubber flooring, the following tips may come in extremely handy. Read them carefully, especially if you contemplating a flooring project.
- Floor selection– Rubber flooring is very versatile, and can be used in many situations. Sadly enough, there are still areas in a home or business where rubber floors are not recommended. This includes kitchens, as rubber surfaces are not resistant to hot oils, fats, and petroleum based materials.
- Indoor floor maintenance– Even the most durable floors need to be maintained. By washing your floor surface regularly with the right cleaning products, they will remain beautiful longer. Your floors will also last longer. Never use harsh chemicals or steel scrubbing pads. They will damage your rubber flooring. Use a broom or vacuum cleaner to remove dust.
- Outdoor floor maintenance– Remove debris by sweeping the area, or by hosing it down.
- Shopping advice– You can buy traditional or recycled rubber flooring from a local floor supplier, or from an online vendor. Either way, always verify that the company you are dealing with is reputable. If you have doubts, ask for references.
- Comparison shop– Whether you are browsing for floors, mats, tiles, or any other rubber products, never finalize an order until you know you have been offered the best possible price. Some dealers will actually lower their prices to match those of their competitors.
- Measurements– Always measure twice. Buying too much flooring is not a real problem, as most retailers will accept returns. Left-overs can also be used in other areas around your home or shop. On the other hand, buying too little may become a huge problem, especially if the supplier runs out of stock. Your project will be on hold, and may also end up with a colour difference between the first and second batch of flooring materials.
- Floor installation– Installing interlocking rubber tiles is not very difficult. However, it is advisable to read the installation instruction before putting on your tool belt, and request additional information from your flooring supplier if any questions arise.
- Design preparations– If you want to use several colours, create your design before you order your materials. When you just guess at the amounts you need, you may end with too much of one kind, and too little of another.
- Floor thickness– Unless you are a professional, who is familiar with rubber flooring, consult with a flooring expert to determine what thickness your flooring should have. The more traffic and abuse your floors have to endure, the thicker they should be.
- Discounts – Whenever you plan a remodelling project or upgrade, immediately start a search for sales and discounts. If you know a promotion is coming up, hold off with your order until the price reduction takes effect. Waiting a few weeks can save you a bundle of money, which you can then use to buy matching drapery or wall decorations.